Wednesday, January 12, 2005

We're being featured in a book!

Our book club is being featured in a book!


The authors of the book found our book club website/blog and contacted us. After numerous emails back and forth between them and members of our book club, they chose one of our book selections (Half Broke Horses by Jeanette Walls, the same author of The Glass Castle), some of our recipes, and several quotes from members of our group and included us in a section of their book!

The book comes out March 1st (2012) and is FULL of wonderful recipes for SO many good books!! You can pre-order it now!

I've already got a copy, as do other members of our book club -- that SUPER fun surprise came in the mail this past Friday (1/27/2012) even though the book isn't available yet!! I had no idea they'd send us a free copy! It was SUCH a great surprise.

Our book club is in its 8th year. We have a mix of people -- men and women -- and we meet monthly and discuss good books and eat fantastic food that goes along with the books. We love it!

If you like good books and good food, I definitely encourage you to GET THIS BOOK.

A little back story: One of the members of our club bought me the original Book Club Cook Book as a birthday present for me several years ago, so when the authors contacted me, I was able to say, "I have your book!"

And now, we're included in the new edition! Fun! Anyway, just wanted to share our fun news. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment